Thursday, April 24, 2014

Top troubles for CLG?!

An unexpected event took place today in the League competitive scene when top lane star for Counter Logic Gaming "Nien" announced he will no longer be playing for long running team.  In an interview with ongamers.com Nien said "Um, the main reason why I'm stepping down is because I'm disappointed in my own play and I don't feel I'm deserving of being on a top three team." In the matches Nien did perform poorly at it was not surprising he was heckled and disrespected by many unhappy fans. In the interview Nien says "Before when I got trashed talked by random fans I would just brush it off because I was super confident in myself and just my play. Whenever I heard I just laughed it off but after awhile I was just in a slump and lost all my confidence I mean it's really really really hard when thousands of people trash talk you all the time". It's not uncommon to hear that league has one of the most toxic player bases in gaming but when you can see it brings a pro player to quitting his team it can be very bad. Many fans on the other side of the fence are mad at the other side's point of view saying things along the lines of "If you know so much then why aren't you pro?" It's easy for me to take a side on this matter because I have firsthand experience with how bad the community has gotten. I wish Nien good luck with his future exploits and here's to hoping CLG makes it to worlds this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment